Webinar Replay: Protecting Energy Sector Directors and Officers in Corporate Distress
The recent collapse in oil demand caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and resulting oil price crash is causing significant hardship to the energy and power sector. Some businesses will fare worse than others and may be pushed into bankruptcy or restructuring.
A panel of Marsh experts and guest speaker Leo Crowley, Pillsbury’s Insolvency and Restructuring Practice Leader, hosted a webinar on May 7, 2020 to discuss how energy and power companies can protect directors and officers from corporate distress.
Watch the recording to hear discussions on:
- Company risk, including insights from an underwriter.
- Director & Officer indemnification during insolvency.
- Drivers of D&O claims including class action and derivative action suits brought by bankruptcy trustees/creditors.
- Coverage discussions, including exclusions to avoid.
- D&O structure considerations.
- Best practices and potential challenges following a claim.
Download the slides and watch the recording to learn more about protecting directors and officers from corporate distress.