Replay: Mergers & Acquisitions Implications: Buyers’ Opportunity?
COVID-19 continues to take a toll on everyday business and with the unprecedented challengers buyers, sellers and advisors are facing, it’s important to think about how the market will look once the economy ‘opens’ again. Organisations need to recognise which industries and sectors will see an influx of activity and which will see the opposite.
In the most recent installment of our special webinar series held on Thursday 21st May, which is now available for replay, Chris McDermott, Head of PEMA – Pacific, Marsh JLT Specialty, Leandro Ribeiro, Principal Wealth and M&A, Mercer, and Josh Roach, Head of Marsh JLT Specialty, Pacific, discuss the current state of the Pacific M&A market.
Key insights that were shared in the presentation include:
- How economies will emerge and what capital will come from corporate and private equity sectors
- Different structures that focus on cost containment (labour cost containment), maximise people value and minimise people risks
- Importance of seeking out support from your broker and seeing what Marsh and Mercer can do to support you and your company
- Addressing all industries and sectors in this pandemic, whether it be companies doing well, in distress or those that have gone into insolvency
- The immediate opportunities and activity that will occur as we approach the recovery phase
- Increase in competition for acquisition targets and how the deals might be occurring