Victoria: New COVIDSafe obligations for workplaces
As businesses and individuals continue to deal with the challenges of Stage 4 lockdown restrictions in Victoria, we extend our thoughts, solidarity and support to all those affected.
Businesses must now respond to the new WHS COVID-19 Regulations and exercise their duties of care to ensure they provide a safe work environment for their employees. Failure to do so could lead to fines and penalties for non-compliance, as well as reputational damage.
As the situation continues to unfold across Victoria, government and health authorities are releasing new information on a regular basis. In this fast-paced and evolving environment, it is important that every employer closely monitor both national and state authorities’ guidelines and updates to ensure you are across what applies to your business and what actions you need to take.
What are some of the actions I may need to take?
We understand it can be overwhelming to work through all the information available and determine what is relevant to your business and situation. At Marsh, we have been working closely with our clients to navigate through the pandemic.
Below are some common questions and top concerns from our Victorian clients in recent days, and the corresponding official resources:
• Do I need a COVIDSafe Plan, a High Risk COVIDSafe Plan, and/or a permitted worker plan? Find out here.
• Do I need a permitted worker schedule, including a childcare permit? Find out here.
• What are the permitted industries and workers? Find out here.
• Who do I need to notify when a worker tests positive for COVID-19? Find out here.
• As an employer, what are my mask or covering requirements for employees? Find out here. (Also, please refer to our recent blog Face masks: Your responsibilities as an employer.)
Hotline now available
For Victorian businesses dealing with COVID-19, did you know that you can call the hotline 13 22 15 for information and guidance? The hotline can also provide information about support services and financial assistance that might be available.
Need more help?
Please refer to the official resources linked above and monitor for updates closely.
If you are in Victoria and need assistance in relation to your COVIDSafe Plan, or need specific guidance, or just have a question about your responsibilities as an employer, please reach out to your Marsh representative, or contact us here to discuss your organisation’s circumstances.
We are here to support you. We are all in this together.